Boarding School for Girls
“I never loved myself until I came here. I have learned, understood and lived to know that being myself is the prettiest thing there is for me. I don’t need to live a life of shame and humiliation. I don’t need to be embarrassed of being wonderful. I think I am worth everything.”
— Montcalm student
At Montcalm School, we believe there’s no such thing as a bad child. That’s just one of the many things that makes Montcalm unique.
We operate a therapeutic school for girls, ages 12-18. Boys also attend Montcalm School, but are housed in separate cottages on the school grounds. We also offer Outside In, a program for girls with autism spectrum disorders. Girls face many issues prior to enrollment at Montcalm, including:
- Low self-esteem
- Family conflict
- Trouble with authority
- Negative peer associations
Our 350-acre campus in Albion, Michigan offers a truly therapeutic setting. It’s filled with hundreds of beautiful trees, shady paths and a 42-acre lake.
Montcalm also offers many extracurricular activities for girls, such as:
- Participation in the All Starr Choir, a group of talented singers and musicians
- An optional, nondenominational chapel service
- Many recreational opportunities like canoeing, fishing, an outdoor track, an indoor gym and a junior Olympic pool.
- Service learning projects, where girls can volunteer at The Humane Society, the Special Olympics and more.
To find out if one of our programs is right for your child, visit the Enrollment Requirements page.